18 May 2011

SilverWEAR


These are some things I'll always find
at thrift stores or flea markets:

Mismatched silverware.
There have been several occasions
when I rescued them & took them home.
I know I'm not alone in doing this.

I found this shop on Etsy and she creates such
unique pieces of jewelry out of old utensils:

A spoon fashioned into a bangle!
It can be personalized with a monogram.

It can also include a very important date
like a birthday or wedding anniversary.

Spoon heads linked together, each one
with a name & birthday. Perfect for moms,
sisters and best friends.

This one uses spoon ends chosen for the
decorative detail. Also engraved with
names of very special people.

Super cool, right?


4 comments:

  1. great ideas! totally lovely! thanks!

    i recently bought some vintage silverplate to do something with, but the big question is: will I??

    :) :) thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Balbina & Mary Ann!
    Mary Ann -- I know you'll find something very special to use your silverware for. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!