13 September 2011

A Handmade Wedding Present


A big thank you for stopping by my blog today!

One of the gifts my husband and I got received
during our wedding a few years ago were
these glass cozies:

They were handmade by an aunt which
makes them extra, extra special.

How do you use them?

Just slip one on the bottom of a drinking glass.
It's decorative and works as a built in coaster.
So wherever you lay your glass, you'll avoid
those water marks on the table.
Isn't that TADA!?

If you're crochet savvy and want to make
your own, you'll find a similar pattern here.

Then I thought, these glass cozies can
turn old jars & bottles...

...from blah to TADA!

From simple, they're now...

spectacular!

6 comments:

  1. I made something similar some time ago :)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rositos/5615911843/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pastel version is totally cute! Thanks for sharing Rosita and thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade gifts are to be treasured..great way to showcase these adorable cozies, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Betty! These are really special :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the gifts you'd save in an emergency.
    Lucky you, besides thoughtful these are pretty spectacular.

    (welcome back, I still had to "see" you return from vacations. Hectic times here)

    Thank you for sharing. I've been babying the idea of bringing crochet back to our decor starting on Christmas - planning to crochet a banner to the tree - and I believe you gave me the last push.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Teresa! Oh, crochet Christmas decorations bring back childhood memories :) I can't wait to see your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!