30 December 2011

A Charm Bracelet for 2011


I love the allure of a charm bracelet. One that you build yourself and tells the story of you. The charms can be expensive, quirky or collected over time.

The charm bracelet I created was inexpensive but still lovingly assembled, meaningful and will be a piece of heirloom jewelry that will remind me of 2011.

My year was peppered with a few heartaches, but it also finished with many sighs of relief. That's why I picked this charm -- an angel wing. I know that each of us has a guardian angel who protects and defends us. A being who's got our back and our best interests at hand. A bodyguard who will be with us in the high and low points of our life.

As the year comes to a close, I am grateful for all that I have been blessed with -- yes, even the sad events. I'm looking forward to the New Year with much enthusiasm and optimism.
And I promise you, I'll continue to turn
blahs into TADAs!

Happy New Year dear Friends!

5 comments:

  1. I once read, somewhere (why don't I save these things?! ;)), that Japanese had a tradition of tying ribbons with names and feelings to a tree on New Year's.

    This way, while watching the ribbons flying, they felt those people and feelings became alive.

    I found it so sweet and wondered if we souldn't all do that every end of the year. Much better than NY resolutions is to bid farewell to the old remembering everything and celebrating - even the dead; because by doing so we're honoring them and their actions in our lives.

    Lovely Idea, Claire. God Bless. Your creations and your sharings.

    Wishing you a Magical and TADA New Year,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for always being such an inspirational person!(and sorry I do not comment that often...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea Teresa! Thanks for your regular visits and comments :)

    Hi Ruxandra, thanks also for checking out my posts!

    Take care girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't commented in a bit, life got busy:)..stopping by Claire, to wish you a wonderful and blessed New Year! Hope your Christmas was a good one with many beautiful memories made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May your New Year be abundant with beautiful things Betty! Thank you for always cheering me on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!