27 June 2016

Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook

Hi there! I came across a cookbook that I truly, truly love.  It's called "Back in the Day Bakery Made with Love".

It's written by a lovely couple, Cheryl and Griffith Day.

The recipes here are based on the goodies they serve at their bakery in Savannah, Georgia, also called "Back in the Day Bakery". It looks like that neighborhood spot where everyone likes to hang out. I can't wait to visit someday!

And with the name alone, you know that you'll be well fed and the flavors will just bring you back to your childhood.

Now back to the cookbook:

The illustrations inside are darling.

The choice of colors are also very uplifting.

The food styling is fun and approachable.

And there are many recipes I wanted to get my hands on.

This! This recipe for Banoffee Pie (short for Banana and Toffee) was a sure winner. 

It's made of a graham cracker crumb crust with a filling of dulce de leche, bananas and cream, then topped with chocolate. What's not to love?

I've made several versions of this and it's been received with a lot of enthusiasm. An easy go-to dessert is always TADA!

If you can stop by tomorrow, I'll show you some crafts from the cookbook. See you then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!